Friday, November 21, 2008

Vices

Holy schmolly!  Has is really been 3 weeks since I last posted??  Where does the time go?  It felt like I had only skipped one week.  It is almost December.  It is almost 2009.  Where am I?  Where do I stand?  What is it about this time of year that makes me so damn reflective?

I met with nutrition lady today.  Her name is Melissa.  Finally.  The day I have been waiting for...not to sound cheesy or anything but she is the one that lit that fire under my butt the day I met her (which was about a month ago).  We talked about all kinds of interesting facts about nutrition.  I have been reading about RAW food nutrition like crazy.  She gave me books and books.  I do not know yet where this is going.  I mean, I do not know if I am ready to run out and start my own nutrition and fitness consulting business.  What I do know is I am ready to make a huge change in my diet.  I want the energy benefits with the added bonus of lovely skin.  Plus, it has been described as going raw as the most amazing experience in the world.  Now, I wouldn't go extreme (100% RAW) but I would like to try going 75-80% RAW.  I am sponge right now learning as much as I can, but eventually I am going to have to pull the plug and take the plunge.

Anyone who really knows me, knows I have a strange love affair with cereal.  I eat the lovely stuff for breakfast and quite frequently have it again for dinner.  Well, I have started by cutting that out.  Since I love cheese...I am going to try goat cheese (since supposedly it is easier for the body to break down that cow's milk).  I was also trying to make changes this week by eating fruit for breakfast and having an avocado/tomato sandwich for lunch but THEN someone brought this scrumptious chocolate birthday cake to work and I broke down and had a piece.  A  BIG piece too. Damn sugar.  AND then, on the same day, I had Wendy's quarter pounder with french fries for dinner.  I just had to go an cancel my hard work out. But hey, at least the french fries tasted like crap.  That should teach me from rebelling again.  After the way I felt afterward, I shouldn't be craving fast food again like that for a long time.

So like the rest of the world, I have vices. Shopping and sugar definitely have to be my top two.  Whenever I am alone...I want to shop.  Charlie is out tonight bottling beer with my brother and what is my strongest urge?  TO GO SHOPPING!!  It is so weird.  I do not need anything.  But just because I am free to do whatever I want, I want to go do the one thing that is most forbidden in my little world.  My brain starts thinking of all kinds of things I want and think I have to have right now.  But the truth is...I do not need it now.  I think it is a good thing that I am conscious of this now.  Because now I can consciously control this energy.  So far, I am not shopping.  I am sitting on my couch blogging with my cutie little dog curled up beside me.  Life is good.

Running is still going well.  I am supposed to run 9 miles tomorrow.  I have this amazing little running group.  They help to push me farther than I ever thought I could go.  I am trying to decide if I should run the Turkey Trot Thursday morning.  I did it last year and although I was alone-I liked it.  But it isn't easy getting up at 6am when the rest of the world is sleeping.  Do I really want to go through that again?  Sigh.  Decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment