Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend Re-cap

Quick little update.

I am on day 6 of the 2nd Vegan Challenge.  It is going much easier this time around.  I am enjoying my food choices and dont feel deprived.  Plus, I lost 5 pounds already.  Although I know it is mostly water weight, it is still a huge incentive to keep going.

I ran the Davy Crockett Bear Chase half marathon this weekend and LOVED it.  It was quite a drive, but well worth it.  As soon as I found out we weren't wearing timing chips, I immediately decided that I was not going to try and push myself to beat my P.R, especially since I was not going to have an official chip time posted on the internet forever (in case I got amnesia or something...you never know!).  Shoot, I was going to enjoy this run and not worry about the pace or my time.

I was hoping to just enjoy the scenery...and that I did.

It was gorgeous with tall pines and wildflowers.  I was surrounded by nature.  Here is the road leading up to the entrance to the Davy Crockett National Forrest.


The race ended on the high school track...where I was able to hang out with my buddies under the bleachers. They gave us cute little finisher bears...with our gun time finishing number. 




Today was the Space Race.  We were supposed to ride 40 miles...but I think we may have missed a turn or they miscalculated the distance.  Anyway, it turned out to be a blessing since it was my friend's first real ride on her triathlon bike.  40 miles may have been a little too much for the first go round.  

Regardless, we all had a blast.  It was a fun way to celebrate a birthday. A well organized ride, and I was happy to see it benefited the Ronald McDonald House.  Here we are at a rest stop...

Okay, I am off to bed. Weekend over...another crazy work week begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment