Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Back in the Saddle

Whew. 2012.  What an amazing year.  What an amazing ride. 

Let's get this party started, 2013.

My Ironman Texas training started yesterday.  I will be better about logging my progress.

The new year started out with a half marathon today in Kingwood, Texas.  It was a good solid run.  It was good for my soul and made me feel more confident about the Goofy Challenge in 11 days.  I feel ready.

I have gained some weight back since the last Ironman.  I need to get back to my racing weight and I am going to focus more on my diet earlier this year.  I have been already cutting back on the amount of high fat foods I eat so I could at least stop the damage.  I have a high body fat percentage, and I would like to get that number down.

I have finally added weight training.  I want to do a pull up without any assistance.  I need to work on my upper body strength if I am going to get faster in the pool.  I have also joined a new masters program and I am in lurve with my new gym.  I had to join because the YMCA pool is being reconstructed.  We will see how easy it will be to go back when the pool is ready. 

Okay, so I plan to write more often but the posts will be shorter. 

My 2013 Goals...13 of them

1. Get to my racing weight earlier in the season by following a diet set by a nutritionist.
2. Improve my swim speed by attending Masters class 2X a week.
3. Weight train 2X a week.
4.  Yoga or Pilates class once a week.
5. Daily Mediation
6. Less Facebook time and more blog posts.
7. Declutter and reduce posessions every weekend.
8.  Pay off half our credit card debt.
9. Improve my IMTX time.  Finish the IMLT by the cut-off.
10. Run 1000 miles in 2013
11. Do a monthly challenge every month.  (January is run 1 mile a day.)
12.  Learn to cook at home. 
13.  Plan my meals every week (less eating out).

1 comment:

  1. Jenny! FYI - you'll never go back to the Y. It is impossible to do after being at the LTF.

    You sound just like Michael Florida in this post (-:

    ReplyDelete