Sunday, August 19, 2012

Get it Going

I was cleaning out my email box when someone left a comment on my last post that encouraged me to keep on blogging.  Thank you, mysterious person, for inspiring me to write again.  The comment has since been deleted, but the message to me will forever be stamped in my mind.  You are truly an angel.

Sometimes life derails your plans.  You have in your head where you want to be, but in order to obtain it, X, Y and Z must fall perfectly into place.  But then it doesn't.  My natural instinct is to hide from the world instead of making excuses.

That is when I stop writing.  Funny, because I bet that is when I need to write the most.

I am not alone.  Many people get derailed.  How does one get back in the saddle over and over and over again?  Do you really wait until the stars are aligned and life falls perfectly into place?

Then I could be waiting a LONG time.

Another angel convinced me to sign up to be the captain of our team in a company wide Active Challenge for the next 8 weeks.  My job will be to motivate our team.  I am a motivational words junkie.  This is right up my alley.  I am excited to share what I have learned to others.  And I also feel like it is the jump start I need in my own life.

I have to remind myself of Mike Litman's famous words. I don't have have to get it right, I just have to get it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment