Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

New beginnings.  This time I want to document the process from the first step.  Something I wish I did my first time around.

My training for Lake Placid 2015 started last night by attending an Indoor Cycle class.  Already I came home from work and felt lazy.  My morning running partner is out-of-town and so I already missed my Monday 5am run.  I had urges to skip the evening cycle workout as well and "start fresh tomorrow".

No.  Not this time.  I need to make changes if I want a different outcome.

Besides, what would I really end up doing if I skipped?  Sit on my ass and play on the computer.

Yeah, that is what I thought.

And it was such a great class.  I finally got an email from the coach last night and the plan for December and January is to start building a base. One hour of indoor cycle is equal to two hours outdoors if done correctly.  The instructor I go to at the YMCA gave us an intense 65 minute workout.  It was just what I needed.  I forgot how much I enjoyed his class.

My next workout was getting back in to the pool.  I made a deal with my friend Leslie that if I skipped for any reason, then I would pay her $20.  The only valid excuses was a doctors note, family emergency or pool was closed.

After 4 hours of sleep and feeling like hell.  I woke up and felt sniffly and throat scratchy.

Hmmm....I think I am getting sick.

Sick enough to go to the doctor and get a note?

No.

Damn.

Maybe someone pooped in the pool last night and the pool is closed?

Ew, why must you have that thought?  Just disturbing.

Maybe I will just pay up?

But then that would make it $65 for the month to swim in December.

Ugh.  No and no.

I dragged my butt to the pool and got her done. Day 2 goes down in the books.

Now must rinse, wash, and repeat on Thursday.

IMLP 2015 Support Page

No comments:

Post a Comment