Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 8: Flirting with an Empty Tank

The day started at 4:30am.

I am back to business.

And business this morning was Masters swimming.

It was a tough class.

Ever have one of those days, where you try to impress someone (and in my case it was Coach D), but no matter how hard you try, he picks you apart?

Elbows not high enough.

Fingers are apart!  You need to keep them together to push against the water. But just a little scoop...not too much (huh?).

Get those arms up!

Kick!  Kick! Kick!

And blah, blah, blah...

And the harder I try focusing on one thing, I neglect something else.  Eye!

I was done before we even started.

Work was tough today, too.  I have a huge deadline tomorrow.  No pressure, really.  And I was so tired today. 3 cups of coffee today to keep me going.  Not good.

But, I did get to spend my lunch break buying new fins at a local swim shop.

My current fins are crap.  They are hard to get on and off with the fancy adjustable heel straps that sometimes fly off mid-swim (ugh!).  Also it is so frustrating when it takes forever and a day to put them on and your swim-mates are already 50 yards ahead of you before you even start.

The lady at the store was so kind and helpful.  She educated me on how to buy a swimsuit and how to care for it.  Apparently, you do NOT want to use laundry soap on Lycra (oops!). Polyester swimsuits are the best...and I noted how much softer they feel on the skin. I bought myself a new kick board and easy fins that slip on and off.   I also found a soap to wash away that stinky chlorine smell.

I am officially revived and ready to go again for Wednesday.

Coach D, bring it on...I am about to knock your fins off with my new and improved new swimming toys.

And all it took was buying new flippers to fill my tank.

I hope this momentum will carry me through the rest of the week. 

Crossing fins.

No comments:

Post a Comment