Thursday, January 3, 2008

Another lazy day

Living in a momentWho dat?

Another lazy day with not much to report. These pictures were actually taken by Charlie. We were down in the garage doing the laundry. He leaves for NJ for the week tomorrow without me. So I really just wanted to some spend time with him before he leaves. We went to walk the dogs and I finally got the kitchen cleaned (with ALL the holiday party dishes finally put away). And that is pretty much it of my uneventful day. At first, I found myself getting upset. I had my list of things to do and it was 2pm in the afternoon and I had not done a thing. But then, I have to remember to live in the moment.


My dad passed away almost 10 years ago. If you told me tonight, that tomorrow, I will get to spend one more day with him. Would I be upset that I did not get to do anything on my "things to do" list? Heck no! I could care less about it. That really help put things in perspective for me. There will be time to do what needs to be done. Sometimes, I just need to step back and appreciate what I got. So I did. And I do not feel the least bit guilty about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment