Saturday, January 5, 2008

Cha-cha-cha-changes!

So I have been debating and debating about when I am going to start my 30 day wake up early trial. It has been decided. I am moving the trial to February. It is tough trying to pick a time to consistently wake up while I am flying. For example, I was just given a 4 day trip with 5am check in's every day. One on the west coast, the next on the east coast, and then back on the west coast again. So if I were to pick a time to wake up at every day, like 5 am central time...that is 3am on the west coast. Psychologically, that is just not gonna work. So it would be best just to wait until February, when I am back in the training center, and I have a consistent schedule.

So the goals I am going to work on in the meantime is:

  1. Run the half marathon. This is in 8 days. Jan. 13, 2008. I am running it with Charlie. I have been training since July but the most miles I have run is 8. The race is 13.1 miles. Im just a wee bit nervous.

  2. Work on this blog weekly. I am not committing to writing in it daily since with my job, I dont always have access to a comptuer. I am going to aim for at least 4-5 days a week. One of the biggest responses I have received so far is that I write too much. We all have busy lives and we have to do what is best for us. So I dont mind if you only read the first sentence. Carry on.

  3. Continue using cash only. This one has been working great. When I go to a restaurant, I am suddenly more conscious of how I spend my money. I am already saving more than ever before. So far so good. Now, I just need to cook more at home and save even more. :)


Well, I leave tonight for Ontario, California. I will be on the road again for the next 4 days and then I get to meet Charlie in New Jersey. And when I get back, I will be home sweet home for another week. Life is good. I plan to use that time to get the house put back together from the holiday aftermath.

No comments:

Post a Comment