Thursday, January 31, 2008

The end of January

This month flew by, no? I did not get called out today. Whew. I got to spend another day at home. Today was a free day. Charlie and I went to see the movie Juno. I really liked it. Not a typical, selfish, "Oh, I am preggers, whoa is me!" kind of movie. You gotta go see it. Then Charlie and I spent about an hour at the half price bookstore. I took my old unused books to sell and they gave me $24.50! That felt so good. But then I turned around and bought $12.00 worth of books. One book is called 52 Projects: Random Acts of Everyday Creativity and Streamlining Your Life. I definitely have a book addiction. But at least I applied one of my 101 goals of selling at least 5 books, before I buy one. I get a pat on the back for that one.

I walked the dogs. The wind was alive today. Roaring through the trees. Literally. I love walking through the greenbelt this time of year. There is something about not hearing the roar of all the air conditioners on the entire block. There is a stillness in the woods that is endearing. And when the wind blows, there is an aliveness I cant explain.

I did some grocery shopping tonight and I bought all the fruits and veggies for my juicer. Why oh why am I semi-scared to try it? Part of me fears I am going to hate it. I really want to eat healthier though. So I must do this. As I am checking out, I stare at the computer screen and watch the price pop up at every bleep. Bananas. Cilantro. Spinach. Yes, I am mesmerized. Until I see my blueberries pop up at 2 for 10 bucks. Yes, you read that correctly. I freeze. I think to myself, should I be one of those annoying people in line that say, "WHOOAAAA, that is not the price of those blueberries....can we have price check on those blueberries!" And as I say this, people give me evil eyes in line behind me. But man, if I don't speak up, I will sacrifice a big fat 10 dollar bill. I decide to split the difference. I go to the shopping bag, and pull out one of the containers of berries and tell the lady to take one off because I did not know they were so much. And of course, she does the dreaded price check BUT as a result she changes the price of the blueberries to $1.50 each (as I originally saw them). And what do you know? It was not the end of the world AND I did not see any dreaded evil eyes behind me. In fact, the eyeballs were quite busy checking out those tabloids. Thank God for Britney Spears and Angelina Jolie. I am so happy I spoke up.

It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment