Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 11: Butterflies

Ugh.  I have a half marathon tomorrow and it is supposed to rain cats and dogs.  I would be okay with that but it will also be in the high 40's.  That is chilly.  And it will be on trails...and trails have puddles and when you step in puddles you get cold, squishy feet.  I have been so excited about this run since I have signed up but I have never had to run in the rain.

I know, I sound like a princess.  I will just have to suck it up, cupcake.

Lazy, relaxing day.  Not too much to report.  Just trying to psyche myself up for the race.

We are saving lots of money on this vegan challenge from not eating out as much.  And I can almost say that the cooking part is not so bad...and that I am starting to get used to it, maybe even (gasp)...enjoy it?

Breakfast:
  • Cereal with lite soy milk
Lunch
  • Hummus sandwich with half an avocado, spinach, and red pepper on multi-grain toast
  • Banana, half an avocado, and lime juice salad (I know it sounds weird but I think it tastes good. One of the running athletes I follow, Tim VanOrden, eats this before races. He inspires me.)
Snacks
  • Dark chocolate Nugo Protein bar
  • 2 handfuls of almonds
Dinner
  • Linguine with mushrooms, marinara and red pepper

2 comments:

  1. Embrace the weather. Period.

    My All-Time best races were during severe weather...
    2006 Rodeo 10k. Cold rain coming down so hard it was stinging.
    2008 3M Austin half marathon. Below 30 degrees at start.
    2009 Texas Trails 50k. 23 degree starting temp (took 4 hrs to warm up above freezing)
    And my favorite race:
    2010 Piney Woods 10-miler. Near freezing temps with calf deep water for MORE than 4 miles.

    Every time the weather has been less than ideal I stress about the race. Once I accepted the ideal that "it is, what it is", I had a TON of fun. The chances of a new PR were futile, but I had fun... and thats why we do this, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your menu is starting to look more and more appealing! Thinking of you as you race hard today!

    ReplyDelete