Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 2: Beans, Beans Good for the Heart...Ahem

Okay, here goes day 2...I had to increase the protein and what better way to do it than add...BEANS! If only I can get used to the famous unfortunate side effect of beans. Sigh.  I tried rinsing them thoroughly before eating to no avail. There has to be some kind of trick out there besides taking Beano?  I will have to Google it tonight.  I will share any new findings tomorrow.

By the way, sweets are not out of the picture...I am allowed to eat dark chocolate since it does not have milk.  But dark chocolate covered with any kind of cake made with milk and eggs is off the menu.  I still have the most evil sweet tooth that knows how to take over the world, so I am definitely trying to limit sweets during this challenge.  They tend to make me weak.

Breakfast:

  • Honey Bunches of Oats with a cup of lite soy milk

  • Handful of red grapes


Lunch:

  • 1 cup of Chocolate Bliss (Raw Food Protein Shake)

  • 1 Nugo Dark Chocolate Protein Bar


Dinner:

  • A big bowl of black beans, brown rice, corn, sauteed mushrooms and onions (EVOO)

  • A pint of blackberries


The beans were so filling and I had a generous helping.  I did not intentionally skip lunch, I just happened to run a 4- miler in the middle of the day and I do not like to eat too much before and after a workout.  So to make up for it, I ate an early dinner.  My run went well but midway I could feel my sugar level dropping.  That feeling went away before I finished.  My analysis: my sweet tooth has previously ruled my world, and by shutting it out almost completely, my body is naturally adjusting to the change  so I should expect some withdrawal symptoms here and there.

When I write down my menu for you all to see, it kinda freaks me out on how little I am eating.  If my body thinks I am starving, it is going to hold on to every fat calorie I have like it is end of food as we know it.  My goal for tomorrow will be to increase the snacks.

In case you are wondering, Charlie has not turned into the Tasmanian Devil.  Whew.  Yet.  I am still alive and kicking.  He is eating more calories than me though.  Smart man.

No comments:

Post a Comment