Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 18: A Calorie Eye Opener

I realize when I post my menus that my calories are on the low end.

For the record, I am not starving myself.

When I get hungry I eat.

I woke up at 6am and drank a shake on my way to our meeting spot at the church. I  ran a little over 6 miles, went to Starbucks, socialized, went for a swimming session at the YMCA, came home about 1pm and ate a bowl of cereal.  

I spent the rest of the day running around doing errands and picking up the house. I finally slowed down to eat dinner at 5:45pm.

I did not have sluggish energy today and I snacked on something every 2 hours or so. 

Some days are hungrier than others...and some days I am just too busy to think about food.  Anyway, I never thought about how this looked before until I started recording it for these blog posts.

What an eye opener!

To go from one end of the spectrum to another...go figure.

I should find a Web site to calculate the actual calorie count for me.

Up to this point, I have been estimating, but now I am really curious.

Breakfast:
  • Protein shake
  • A quarter slice of orange
  • Grande toffee nut latte with soy milk
Lunch:
  • Bowl of Honey Bunch of Oats with soy lite milk
  • Dark Chocolate Nugo bar
  • 3 handful of almonds
  • Cup of mandarin oranges
Dinner:
  • A big bowl of leftover chili macaroni
  • Popcorn
  • A glass of dark chocolate almond milk

1 comment:

  1. Nutritiondata.com I use it to track my calories.

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete