Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 7: The Tease of Temptation

Why, oh why, does the office bring so many temptations?!?!

Homemade brownies.  Giant cinnamon rolls with nuts sprinkled on top.  Cupcakes.  Coworkers emailing photos of big juicy hamburgers.  Sonic runs.  Hearing comments all day about "Oh, I could never give up meat...or cheese...or my grease...or this...or that...or (fill in the blank here)".

But the cupcake being taunted in front of your face is just plain mean I tell ya. Seriously.  It is  plain evil.

So just when you think it is getting easier... and that the cravings are finally letting up...then life throws you a curve ball.  I was so tempted today.  It took all the self control I could muster.  After a while, you just have to tune those voices out, or seriously, it will make you crazy.

On the bright side of my day, I woke up at the butt crack of dawn this morning and did speed work at the track with a running buddy.  Felt so good.  Energy was just fine. Never mind the fact it was in the lower 30's this morning and that no one else was crazy enough to join us.

Went to see my "Hood to Coast" movie tonight and came home with pure inspiration.  Yes, it makes me want to find 12 running friends to do a relay now.  How about in 2012, the Texas Independence relay!?

I was able to enjoy a little Italian restaurant tonight called Raia's.  It tasted so good.  When they say your taste buds change on a diet like this, it is so true.  All of a sudden, you start to taste the subtleties of the marinara sauce instead of it being masked by the cheese.  I am finally glad that I am started to see some of the benefits of this diet...whew!  Because after all I went through today, I was starting to wonder if they even existed.

Breakfast:

  • Oatmeal with blueberries, bananas, and cinnamon

  • Tall Toffee Nut Latte with soy milk


Lunch

  • Leftover Lentil Pasta from last night

  • Orange

  • Dark Chocolate Nugo Protein bar

  • Pint of blackberries


Dinner

  • Spring salad mix, tomatoes, cucumbers with a balsamic vinaigrette

  • Linguine pasta with marinara and mushrooms

  • 2 pieces of Sourdough bread and olive oil

  • A glass of red wine

No comments:

Post a Comment