So today was a high stress day at work. And I was feeling the need for comfort food, and lucky for me, there are comfort food options in the vegan world. I ate more olive oil than usual. Why do we crave fatty food when under stress? I noticed I was not as hungry as usual by eating the fats.
I am not very proud of my diet today...the takeout spaghetti had too much olive oil. Funny how fatty food feels like a sack of bricks in the tummy when you don't eat oils as often. I am enjoying this feeling of being in tune with the body, if only I can stop shutting it out by eating comfort foods when I am stressed.
- Flax seed oatmeal with bananas, blueberries and cinnamon
- Dark chocolate Nugo bar
- Coffee with non-dairy creamer
- Spaghetti with marinara and mushrooms
- Sloppy Joes with Boca Crumbles & mushrooms(I need more work on my sauce before I share it. It was bland.)
- Handful of baked pita chips
- Mandarin oranges
- Popcorn with vegan butter and lightly salted
- Cup of pomegranates