Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 9: Hmmm...DONUTS

 Today's haunt was: DONUTS.

They invaded the conference room this morning.

Can I just say, how does anyone ever stay fit working in an office!?!?  How in the world are you supposed to fight away these sugar & grease monsters day after day after day?!?  It is a conspiracy, I tell ya,  a conspiracy. Sigh.

So I am noticing that my only cravings now are the ones that are by habit.  Those times of the week when you get your favorite foods.  Today was the ever famous Sushi Hanna Volcano Roll.  Cucumber, avocado, cream cheese, crab meat and white sticky rice wrapped in a seaweed roll drowned in a spicy mayonnaise sauce.  YUM! I like to get this after a hard spin class.  Today was a heavy duty spin class...and I wanted that roll.  Or did I?  Maybe this was just habit by association.  Of course, I resisted.

The other challenge...pizza on a weekend night.  I think it is the cheese I miss...but is it?  Maybe it is just a food associated with the weekend.  And the weekend is associated with happiness...

Hmmm...all this vegan food is making me very philosophical. 

Breakfast:
Oatmeal & Blueberries
Blackberries

Lunch:
Black bean soup with sliced avocado
Orange

Dinner:
I mixed the bland sloppy joe leftovers with the vegan mac and cheese leftovers...and it was not so bad.
Butternut squash oven roasted with Thyme and olive oil

2 comments:

  1. Loving your blog!
    Cheese has high amounts of casein, which is similarly received by the brain as heroin and morphine!!! Casein accounts for nearly all the protein in cows milk and is much higher in cheese than milk for some reason. When the body breaks down casein a butt load of opiates are released into the blood stream (casomorphins).

    I haven't had a glass of cows milk in years and gag at the thought of it. Unfortunately, cheese is one of the obstacles preventing me from moving from vegetarian to full vegan...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill!

    Yes, cheese is definitely one of my weaknesses as well. Interesting to note how much sodium is in cheese as well. By cutting out cheese, most the weight that is knocked off so quickly is the extra water weight.

    ReplyDelete