Oh, but the cravings...the cravings kicked my butt today.
- Herbalife Shake vanilla with cinnamon, banana and soy milk
- A bowl of flax oatmeal with cinnamon and blueberries
- Pink grapefruit sprinkled with a pinch of sugar
- Glass of apple juice
- A bowl chickpea salad (can of chickpeas, chives, rice, lemon juice, cucumber, salt, pepper & EVOO)
- Nugo Dark Chocolate Protein Bar
- Handful of Almonds
- Veggie burger on whole wheat toast, tomato, lettuce, hummus and avocado.
- Baked pita chips (handful)
- Avocado and tomato salad with salt and lemon juice
Between lunch and dinner, Charlie and I went to Barnes and Noble. The cravings were so bad, and that when we saw a Starbucks. I thought "If I could just have an ice coffee with soy milk, it would at least get my mind of my other cravings". Well, I decided to pass on it and save it for after tomorrow's run. I had became so sleepy, that I laid down for a nap and woke up an hour and half later. I had missed spinning class. And I turned into a BEAR. It was not a pretty picture.
What have I learned so far?
- We are forced to be creative and try new recipes. I am not a fan of chives. But without grease and salt to flavor things, you start looking for other ways to jazz up food. I ate a salad with onions...and it wasn't so bad.
- You really have to read the ingredients...all of them. Today I noticed that the Herbalife protein shake I had been drinking has milk ingredients. Doh! I wont be drinking that anymore until after the challenge.
- Chocolate cupcake commercials on TV are pure evil. I drooled all over the couch.
- I am also surprised that I am so tired. I thought this diet would give me boundless energy. Still waiting for that to kick in. Maybe it has to get worse before it gets better. Only time will tell.