Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 3: The Bear Comes Out

Today was a struggle.  It started out as a normal day.  I am on vacation so I slept in until I had to take the dog to the groomer.  I started out on a mission to eat more...but I had this appetite that would not be satiated.  Which has been my fear--too little calories will make you want to binge when you finally give your body more food.  Luckily, the food I binged on was high density nutritious food and I ate until I was full this time.  So at least I had that going for me.

Oh, but the cravings...the cravings kicked my butt today.

Breakfast:

  • Herbalife Shake vanilla with cinnamon, banana and soy milk

  • A bowl of flax oatmeal with cinnamon and blueberries

  • Pink grapefruit sprinkled with a pinch of sugar

  • Glass of apple juice


Lunch

  • A bowl chickpea salad (can of chickpeas, chives, rice, lemon juice, cucumber, salt, pepper & EVOO)

  • Nugo Dark Chocolate Protein Bar

  • Handful of Almonds


Dinner

  • Veggie burger on whole wheat toast, tomato, lettuce, hummus and avocado.

  • Baked pita chips (handful)

  • Avocado and tomato salad with salt and lemon juice


Between lunch and dinner, Charlie and I went to Barnes and Noble.  The cravings were so bad, and that when we saw a Starbucks. I thought "If I could just have an ice coffee with soy milk, it would at least get my mind of my other cravings". Well, I decided to pass on it and save it for after tomorrow's run. I had became so sleepy, that I laid down for a nap and woke up an hour and half later. I had missed spinning class.  And I turned into a BEAR.  It was not a pretty picture.

What have I learned so far?

  • We are forced to be creative and try new recipes.  I am not a fan of chives.  But without grease and salt to flavor things, you start looking for other ways to jazz up food.  I ate a salad with onions...and it wasn't so bad.

  • You really have to read the ingredients...all of them.  Today I noticed that the Herbalife protein shake I had been drinking has milk ingredients.  Doh!  I wont be drinking that anymore until after the challenge.

  • Chocolate cupcake commercials on TV are pure evil.  I drooled all over the couch.

  • I am also surprised that I am so tired.  I thought this diet would give me boundless energy.  Still waiting for that to kick in.  Maybe it has to get worse before it gets better.  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment