Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 19: Final Countdown

We went out for Chinese food today and boy, did I blow up!?  Literally.

Too much oil and salt will do that to a person.

All the food felt slippery in my mouth...especially the fried won tons and veggie spring roll.  I felt so heavy for the rest of the day.  I never even felt hungry for dinner.

Now that we are on the final countdown, my mind drifts on new possible challenges beyond this vegan challenge. 

I could focus on different aspects of the vegan diet.  Like drink a green smoothie every day for 30 days. Or have two green meals a day. Or can I push this challenge longer? 

Do I even want to?  Hmmm... 
 
Ever wonder if a night person can reprogram into a morning person?  I have always wanted to change my body clock. Is this even possible or is this genetic trait?  Will I forever be working against the natural inclination of my body?  Like a fish forever swimming upstream?

I can see a major improvement in many areas, just by reprogramming the time I get up.  I love to sleep in but it affects so many aspects of my life.   I have to admit, this would be the hardest challenge of them all for me but if I could complete it, it would reap the most benefits.

I need to work on my swimming and I am still eyeballing that Masters swim class. I may do this for the month of February and combine the two challenges, since the Masters class is at 5am.

Discipline is a muscle.  The more you work it, the stronger it gets and if you don't use it, you lose it. 
  
Breakfast
  • A bowl of Honey Bunches of Oats with lite soy milk
Lunch
  • Vegetable Lo Mein with veggie spring roll
  • Ice Tea
Dinner
  • Pineapple
  • Handful of almonds
  • Bowl of cereal (I wanted to finish the box so I could throw it away)

No comments:

Post a Comment